J-TEQ EMS Solutions Ltd offers an extensive range of in-house electronic manufacturing services, all from within our purpose built 16,000 sq. ft manufacturing facility in Livingston, just 15 minutes away from Edinburgh. J-TEQ is a long-established Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) provider, and they will liaise with you to understand your business goals and products and then tailor their services to provide you with the best possible solution.
J-TEQ was relying on an old, Server-based, Microsoft Exchange email system. Amongst other issues, it was not reliable and was not fit for purpose and no longer in line with the company’s forward-thinking approach and strategy. Also, J-TEQ wanted to make their first move to the Cloud and later build on it by using other Microsoft Office 365 business applications.
The best fitting solution was Microsoft’s Office 365 Exchange Online. After a thorough analysis and a due diligence work was done on their old email system, we have put together a migration plan. It assured the smooth journey migrating from on-premises email system to the cloud, and with no interruptions to the business.
At the same time, we have updated J-TEQ’s workstations with the latest MS Office software to make sure it is fully in line with the new IT strategy of gradually moving all the business applications to the cloud.
Moving J-TEQ’s Email Server to the “Cloud” meant that there would be no need to worry about maintaining a local Server in the office and having to upgrade it every 3-5 years. Apart from obvious short and long-term savings, there were numerous other business benefits as well:
- Emails are accessible for everyone from anywhere, even if the internet connection is down in the office.
- No training was required as it was the same familiar Microsoft user interface.
- Guaranteed availability and a major addition to the company’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan.
- Easy and inexpensive way to make the first move into the “Cloud” without having to commit to a big project.
- J-TEQ now have a solid basis that the business can build on in the future and gradually move other business applications and functions to the cloud.